Today usage of mobile phones have increased in extensively when compared to that of computers. Mobile phone usage is taking a lead to a computer that it is small in size, light in weight, and can operate with minimum power.
These mobile phones are not limited to speaking only, it is used in making video, recording information and transmitting it to a phone or a computer.
Mobile owners worldwide will increase to 7.33 billion by 2023. The number of mobile phone users in the world will increase significantly in the next four years, as predicted by Statista.
- There are currently 3.5 billion smartphone users worldwide (Statista, 2019).
- 70% of the time is spent with Digital media, Mobile shopping, Office Work etc
- Nearly 90% of mobile internet time is spent in apps.
When we see the usage of apps and Mobile internet usage is rising while desktop internet usage continues to fall. The reason is that we are able to have apps performing most of the task that required Desktops.
So, this infers that apps are built keeping various aspects like screensizes, platforms, usage, geographical conditions, internet connectivity in mind.
There are currently more than 2.9 million apps available in the Google Play Store. (Statista)
Android apps are being published at a rate three times greater than iOS apps (see next stat), with more than 100,000 new apps being released each month.
It’s been observed that 96% of apps in the Google Play Store are free.
There are a lot more options out there that you can explore if you want to learn how to make an app. These ways range from very technical to not that technical at all.
- Building the app from scratch — Extremely technical but highly flexible. This app development method is costly and time consuming, but you can do just about anything with it.
We suggest trying baseUrl = React Native combines the best parts of native development with React, a best-in-class…
Ionic - Cross-Platform Mobile App Development
Ionic is the app development platform for web developers. Build amazing cross platform mobile, web, and desktop apps…
- Using Low code platform tools to build apps — It’s not too technical, you can build the apps using drag and drop option and connect with API’s.
Low-Code Mobile App Development and Data Integration - LANSA
Visual LANSA is the original low-code, rapid application development platform for building enterprise-grade mobile, web…
Low-code platform | Custom application creator for your business - Zoho Creator
The future of work is digital, and businesses of all sizes need to transform fast. Zoho Creator is a low-code platform…
- BuildFire — This method allows you to create an app from scratch with no technical skills.
App Builder | The Best App Maker for High End Mobile Apps
Build apps for your customers, with all the power and flexibility of the BuildFire app builder. Use the exact same app…
Below are the guidelines for Mobile App development process.
- Define a strategic goals for evolving your idea into a successful app.
- Identify requirements, define team structure, and prepare the roadmap.
- Create seamless and effortless user experience with a polished design.
- Develop backend, API.
- Validate your app with a series of testing criteria.
- Deployment and support.
I hope this article gives you a brief details about app development options. You can use it to choose what’s right for you and your business.